Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Episode 9:

You can listen to the podcast here or subscribe through iTunes.

Hello and welcome to the KnitSip podcast, a coffee themed knitting podcast.  I'm Shannon and I'm snotestine on Ravelry, KnitSip on Plurk, Twitter and Instagram.  Show notes can be found below and if you'd like to contact me you can email me at knitsip(at)gmail(dot)com.

In Line
I passed my exam!  I rewarded myself with meeting up with some knitters local to the Troy, MI area.  It was so nice to meet up with Tina, Kristyn, Barb, Kathy, Suzanne, Deby and Greg.

Place your Order
Through the Grinder
Percolating
Specialty Drinks
Your Drink is Ready
On the House
Barrista
Drive Through
Tips

Thorough the Grinder
Frogged some fingerless mitts of my own design.  Knitting with heavy fingering weight/sport weight yarn on smaller needles wasn't the best idea.

Will also probably be frogging my February Lady sweater.  My gauge has changed (grrr!) and didn't mark in the pattern where I was or where I stopped (double grrr!).

Percolating
Andrea's Fingerless Mitts
This is my own design that I am designing in loving memory of a co-worker and friend who died at a young age in a car accident last year.  For the last couple of years I had made fingerless mitts for Andrea to give as Christmas gifts to family members.  I was given cart blanch as to the design, yarn, yarn weight and color. Last year was suppose to be the year that I taught her to knit.

I am using 716 Knits in the Boss base (DK weight) in the color way Care Bears with Fangs and Anywhere but Here.  Using US 6mm needles.  The first mitt is done and knitting the second mitt and tweaking the pattern for better clarifications.

Spinning Highland Handmades
White Spruce top (Super wash BFL) 8 oz total in the Sea Glass color way.  I have the first 4 oz. done.

Another Pair of Socks for Little Man
Biscotte and Cie in the Felix base, unsure of the color way name (rainbow colors).
US 1's =
Vanilla sock for a child's size 13 shoe.

Specialty Drinks
A La Cardi by Deby Lake (O/C Knitiot Designs)
Starting 9/1 this will be a free KAL.  This is kind of like a design your own cardigan.  The design will be released weekly in clues and you're able to choose your own stitch patterns.  There are pictures of some completed cardigans already on Ravelry.

Stockinette Zombies Self Stripping (SS) KAL/CAL
This is a year long KAL/CAL hosted by the podcaster of the Stockinette Zombies Podcast.  You are allowed to enter one SS finished object per month.  Head over to their group for more details and be entered to win monthly prizes.

Pattern Testers
I will be looking for pattern testers to test knit my fingerless mitt design.  I hope to have the patterns ready mid-September.  The pattern will be a free Ravelry download once I get everything squared away and figure out how to do that.

Your Drink is Ready
Mary's Having a Little Lamb Hat
my own design using left over fingering weight yarn.  Basic beanie style knit out of left over Fibernymph Dyeworks Bounce base in the Compass color way and Ultra Alpaca Light in a charcoal grey color.  Knit on US 2's= 2.75 mm needle.

Mom's Stripey Sox
Another pair of shorter vanilla socks for my mom.  Knit using Knit One Crochet Too on US 2's =2.75 mm needles.

Barrista
Went to Charlevoix Fiber Fest Sunday July 28th.  Item's I bought include:

+ Ewe Hottie - spinning fiber, yarn and silk hankies
+ Bricolage Studios - package of punis in a lime chartreuse color
+ River's Edge Fiber Arts - 100% Rose fiber 2 oz.
+ Fiber Story - silk hankies
+ Hello Purl - silk hankies (again)
+ 2 more books for my little man

On The House
Giving away 2 items:
1) 2 oz of 100% Rose Fiber - head ovr to the KnitSip Ravelry thread to enter
2) 1 oz of silk hankies from the Fiber Story booth in the Maki colorway

Drive Through
Gaylord Knitters every Thursday from 4-8 pm at the Gaylord Biggby coffee shop.

Cynthia's Too Open Knit Saturday 8/24 from 11 am - 3 pm.

? Northern Michigan Lamb and Wool Festival on September 28-20 at the Ogemaw County Fairgrounds in West Branch, MI

Tips
Shout outs to the Troy knitters who came out to knit with me.  (It was so nice meeting you Tina, Kristyn, Deby, Kathy, Barb, Suzanne and Greg.
A huge thank you to returning listeners and welcom to new listeners.  Ill be back in two weeks and until then I hope you have a great couple of week and find something wonderful to knit and sip.

No comments:

Post a Comment